What to do in
The Marine Village, former Head of the Province
Bermeo is, without a doubt, a clear example of the evolution from a coastal fishing port to a high-altitude one that has led it to travel the world through its fleet of large vessels, both for fishing and transporting goods.
A walking tour through history
- Adults: 12 €
- Children: 8 €
- Groups between 14 and 20 people : 140 € (+ IVA)
- Groups between 20 and 30 people: 170 € (+IVA)
- For the visit to take place, the minimum fee that will be applied will be 60 € (5 adult tickets), whether or not there are enough people.
- For groups of more than 30 people, we recommend dividing them into 2 groups both for logistics and comfort.
- Check availability, languages, special rates and other queries.
Bermeo is the fishing village with the most tradition in the Urdaibai Reserve and, as its fame precedes it, it has been a symbol of whaling, adventurous men and brave women for centuries.
Over time it housed large vessels both for fishing and transporting goods, going from a coastal fishing port to a high-altitude one that has taken its fleet to travel the world.
We invite you to explore the special landscape of this enclave of the Cantabrian Sea, maritime heritage of Biscayan history, walk through its port, learn about the history of its streets and legends, delight in the best views of the Urdaibai coast and its picturesque old townIn short, an experience steeped in saltpeter and Basque tradition.
Bermeo includes islands such as Izaro and San Juan de Gaztelugatxe, famous for their ancient history and for appearing in films and series such as Game of Thrones. To complete the visit by visiting San Juan, contact us and we will give you several options.
Parque de la Lamera, next to the music kiosk.
Our guides will be identified with an agency badge.